Dec 9, 2008

Cantonese Opera (粤剧)

Oct 28, 2008...
When I was shooting, there was a old lady smiling at me "young man, what you do to make a living? Are you FROM the press? nanyang? sin chew?". I smile back and said " NOPE, I stay just over there ( my grandma's place)"
Then this old lady reply me "wow! you re from the press, you must be very good".
me"................"




Hope i have the "media pass" to enter the back stage. To be frank, being a spectator I am having hard time shooting this.


#1

_MG_1702





#2

_MG_1713





#3

_MG_1715





#4
_MG_1718



#5
_MG_1752


#6
_MG_1741


#7
_MG_1755


#8
_MG_1790


end


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha... my first ever comment on your blog, i like those nostalgic photo...
Nowadays very hard to find chinese opera performing. Nice try ya..

Anonymous said...

Hi,did you take these photos from a temple during The Nine Emperor Gods Festival?

It's from a Ipoh Temple, right?

sam said...

[to joshua]haha, yupz.. that my only chance to capture the moment..


[to PJH] nope, not from ipoh temple, but from Air panas, Setapak,KL

haha, i guess they move around every year thou//

btw, every year around the same time, they will be some chinese opera perform in the same place..been like this for 30 years or more...

i remember when i was young, it was so crowded back then...

Anonymous said...

Oh,I see.

This is a famous troupe and they came to Perak to perform a few months ago. No wonder why the pictures looked familiar!

=D