Feb 2, 2009

My new baby~

f/1.4
_MG_6580

f/1.4 lens and hood
_MG_6683

BOKEH!!! BOKEH!!! BOKEH!!!!!!

I went out with my cousin Joshua the other day to get two units of Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM. I used to think that getting a zoom lens from 24mm- 40mm with f/1.2 will be perfect but not till I tried this 50mm prime. The results were astonished, with fast AF, useable at f/1.4, and also the Canon colour!!

We spent a hour plus just to test a few more units of this lens to make sure that we obtain the sharp copy. I also tested a Canon EF 17-35mm f/2.8 L in YL camera Pudu plaza, but at 100% crop it wasn't as sharp as this 50mm prime. Interms of colour the 50mm is comparable too but I still prefer the L.

Both the above pictures were taken at f/1.4 straight out from the camera with no PP at all. Gonna love this baby a little more right now~

No comments: